Monday, October 3, 2011

Royal Kingdom Challenge

I returned to the Sims 2 because of the inability to switch houses in the Sims 3.  When I decided to do that, I was reminded of the Royal Kingdom Challenge, the rules of which were created when the Sims 2 first came out.  As each expansion was unveiled different rules came into the challenge, but the basics of it stayed the same.

You were to start out with x number of people and raise them through 5 generations without losing a class.  Your classes are Royalty, Noble, Merchant and Peasant.  It was encouraged for you to download and install different things to make your neighborhood properly "medieval" or whatever time period you chose.  I tried it once, but didn't get very far, and now I'm doing it again.  I've actually made it through a week on every family except one, and I've decided to post pictures and comments about each of the families.  I am astounded by the idiocy of sims all over again, and when I see them do certain things I just shake my head in shame.  While playing I realized the things they changed in Sims 3 that I truly loved.  For instance, pregnant sims aren't completely insane like Sims 2 pregnant sims are.  In general the AI system is much better and the gardening is way more fantastic in Sims 3.  I have to admit though that the gardening in Sims 2 seems to be somewhat more accurate, but on the other hand maybe not.  *laugh*

When I go to post on the families, I'm not going to try to make it into a story or anything, I'm going to be rather calm and collected and factual, mainly because if I try to make it a story I'll have to think too much and at the moment I rather feel lazy regarding it.  So there  you are.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment