Like the Hengre's before them I don't have many pictures of the first week of the Smith family. I have almost as much to tell about them as I have pictures. I suspect I was keeping generic notes because I didn't know I was going to be posting stories of them. My next week notes are much more detailed and I have a TON more pictures. Just need to get through the first week of these guys. :D
Welcome the Smiths. This is Paul and Alissa Smith, moving into their new home. When I got to them I was so happy to no longer be on Noble houses I could cry. That is why I decided to mix the order up next round. Anyway, I moved them in and because I pretty much hated any premade house I decided to make both Merchant homes.
Theirs was made so their house was on one side and their business was on the other side. I had an employee room and a bathroom attached to that, and then the main business room with two bathrooms attached to that. Then the main house part had a large front room with the living portion on one side and the dining on the other, kitchen off to one side. Then there was a hallway that ended in the nursery. There are two bedrooms with baths attached plus the master bedroom and master bath. Even after doing all of that I still have over 30,000 for them to use to do their work.
Here you can sort of see the business side of the house. I knew that Mr. Smith would want a forge, but since there isn't anything even remotely like that in the Sims 2 I decided he would be a flower arranger, and Mrs. Smith would sew. Sew, making clothes, Smith, making armor. Made sense in my brain. Only as you can see, she got pregnant so then she needed fun, which is where the easel came in. If I keep her going then eventually her fun gets up high enough that she will keep painting.
I did another poor job of taking pictures of their first week, as this is Thursday. On Monday I made their house and had him start a home business. Tuesday the two of them worked hard on making items. Wednesday was the same, make items. Thursday is when she became pregnant. I decided I'd have them try for baby twice the first day, and then every night after that so that the children would be somewhat staggered in age.
Friday I finally had enough stock that I dared open the business. I'm not sure what took so long, (can't remember) but maybe I just wanted a ton of different things and when they're first starting out they kind of suck at the making of stuff. Anyway, as you can see I had Mr. Smith doing everything. He did sales, he ran the register, he stocked, he did sales again. Mrs. Smith would go off and do her thing, keeping her pregnant self happy.
Another note on this family. I thought of the "traditional" family and tried to implement it in the Sims. They both would get up early, wife would make breakfast, husband would get ready for work and then would eat, go to work. Wife would clean up house while husband worked and then she'd make lunch, husband would eat, get cleaned up, go back to work, wife would clean house and then she'd join him for work in the evening. Then she'd go, make dinner, they'd eat, she'd clean up the house while he cleaned up himself, they'd meet in the bedroom, woohoo, go to sleep.
The plan for the Smith's was to do this routine again and again. It works, sort of. Until the Mrs. get's pregnant and everything goes wonky. She hardly ends up doing much work for the business when she's taking care of everything that needs done around the house and such, which sort of makes sense, but doesn't in other ways. I mean, really it doesn't take five minutes to walk across this small house.
This is the back end of the home, the nursery, where little baby Victor was born. He was born on Sunday, which means yes, I didn't get any pics from the day before. Saturday I had them restock the business and make new things.
There's platinum mommy with Victor on Sunday. What a cute little tyke. Sunday I had them open the business again. I knew that my merchants wouldn't make money getting regular sim jobs, they'd only have their businesses. So therefore I've been paying very close attention to them and their finances. I look at the business tracker all the time to make sure that I know where we are in the grand scheme of things.
Later on Sunday I had both of them working at their respective places. She was painting, he was making flowers. I sell a lot of flowers. A Lot.
And that would be the end of week one. I've got a lot more on them for week two, and I've finally found the perfect way of getting my pictures and stories on to blogger! Yay! A big thanks goes out to M who's doing a blog on her Sims 2 Challenge as well, she's the reason I have had the easiest time ever posting. I have a link to her Sims 2 blog off to the left, she's working on seeing how the challenge goes (her own rules) and I'm enjoying reading about them.






No comments:
Post a Comment