Friday, October 7, 2011

RKC: Nobility: Zaven

My first Nobility family, the Zaven's.  I think when I went in I mostly just wanted to play around.  I didn't like most of the "large" homes I'd seen, so I took the money they were allowed to have, (motherlode cheat x2 which = 100,000 simolians) and moved them into a large plot and build a mostly open house.  Perfect for when they made money and wanted to add things to their home.  The main problem was that I didn't want to get a job for Mr. Gregory Zaven, I wanted him to have a business.  Besides that, I didn't want him to have a home business, oh no, I wanted him to have a real plot that was just for his business.

I should have waited.  I'm working on my second week with them and I had to break down and get him a job because he was woefully broke.  It saddens me to admit that I sold some of his furniture so he could pay the butler one day.  However, that is a tale for the future, today we're going back to the beginning.  The place where it all began.

The Zavens.  We start with Gwen and Gregory.  It was unintentional, but somehow Gwen ended up looking like Blind Mag from Repo! the Genetic Opera.  It must be the eyes...
Gwen would like to have 3 children graduate from college.  Must get started baby making then.
I'm lucky it only took two tries to get her pregnant.  I've had much worse luck.  Anyway she showed on Tuesday and this is when I had Greg purchase his community lot.
Just a general note:  I *hate* the pregnant pj's.  Okay, so Wednesday I had Greg go to his store and open it.  I guess I didn't think to get pics from that.  This is Thursday, when Gwen was so far down on social (and other things) that the social bunny came for a visit.  Honestly I thought that Greg should be seeing him too, but he didn't.  I was finally able to get her social up into the green, thank the gods.  Remember this was the second household with a pregnant sim in years I'd had to deal with.  I hadn't gotten the hang of things yet so she was a *mess*.
As per usual, my sim gives birth in the bathroom.  It's almost completely true that a pregnant sim will give birth in the bathroom.  Tell me it isn't true.  You know you can't.
She gives birth to a jumping baby boy.  I decided that he would be named Gregory Jr.  This is still Thursday.  I went ahead at this time to put in a room with all the needed items for a child.  And probably spent too much money doing it.  :P
That's the tyke.  Gregory Jr.  Like all sim babies, he's adorable.
I spent all of Friday getting Gwen back into shape.  It took *all* of Friday to do it.  Here is another general laugh at programmers and floaty objects.  See... the plate isn't actually attached to anyone.
Daddy, waiting for child to come to the cake.  I'd been waiting for baby to grow to toddler, and he didn't.  So I bought a cake and had mommy come bring him to it.
However, as you can see, Greg Jr. didn't want to make it to the cake.  He grew up on the way to it.  Really?  Well then.
He's a cutie, as expected.  This would be Saturday.
And this would be Sunday, when Gwen baby bumps for the second time.  Yay!  And yet, at the same time, that made my life more difficult for when I came back to the house.  LOL
Thaaaat's it for today.  I have found out two fantastic things for my future of blogging about my RKC.  One, I can copy and paste the picture directly from my folder.  Two, if I think ahead, I can make folders on my computer that have all the pictures of each individual family so I don't have to wade through everything while trying to upload the pictures.  Next time maybe it won't take me forever to do this.  :D

2 comments:

  1. Gregory II IS cute. And I love your stairs.

    Maybe try making the rooms a bit less spacious. You could save money that way.

    I agree - In Sims 2, 98% of the time, pregnant Sims will give birth in a bathroom. And 95% of those bathroom deliveries will be in a corner, where it is impossible to take pictures unless you put the walls down or stare at their backsides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less spacious rooms are definitely a good idea. My thoughts behind the house was basically, "I don't want to deal with building, can I just play already?". Keeping that idea in mind I just made a big box and put a bigger box on top of it. I'm actually making something like "rooms" now that Greg Jr. is a child. (I'm on the second week, last day in their house now, about to move on to the next family.)

    Amazingly enough, those stairs are basic stairs in the Sims. Not sure which expansion they came with, but when I saw them I about fainted. They're perfect for a "Noble" household, just beautiful.

    I think one of the biggest reasons sims give birth in the bathroom is because their bladders and hygiene go down SO fast, and it seems that no matter where they are they need to run to the bathroom, so obviously they're going to give birth there. And yes! Camera angles are so difficult to deal with. Why in the corner you silly creature???

    I'm so glad you dropped by to look, and thanks for commenting! Hope you come back again.

    ReplyDelete