Monday, October 10, 2011

RKC: Peasantry: Shepard: Week One, Part One

Okay, so originally I went  in order from Royalty to Nobility, played all three Noble houses, then went to the Merchantry, finally ending on the Peasantry.  After doing that for a full turn I realized how incredibly annoyed it makes me to do things that way.  For one you don't really want to do all of one class at one time because you start to feel as though it's all the same.  Same starting money, same issues, same designs.  So my second week through I decided I'd mix it up by doing a week in each type.  So I've got the rounds: Royalty, Nobility, Peasant, Nobility, Merchant, Peasant, Nobility, Merchant, Peasant.  9 rounds in total, no one played twice in a row.  Since I could start with 3 nobles and 3 peasants I decided to do the one round with the extras there right away.

Because of that, I'm showing off my first week in the Peasant house Shepard, even though it wasn't my originally played third house.  By the time I got to the peasants I was pretty good at keeping my pregnant sims in line, and even felt like I could tackle anything.  Part way through my second week with them I'm not so sure.  *sweatdrop*  So, without further ado, the Shepard's.



Meet John and Maria Shepard.  Yes, I spelled the last name wrong, but to anyone who has ever watched Stargate: Atlantis, I sort of (laughingly) named John after the main military character.  I have another couple cameo's like that coming up.  Anyway, I decided they'd raise animals, and like a silly person, I forgot to give them their animals when they moved in.

 

So I had to go out and purchase them.  Welcome Mary and Joseph Lamb.  I'm terrible at naming things, and ended up thinking of "Mary had a little lamb." so I named my initial lamb Mary.  Then I thought, who should her mate be?  And my brain just screamed out Joseph.  Mary's the snow white one, and Joseph is the cream colored.




I had my lambs try to make for babies, and they did, and it sounded like it worked.  So then I got pet jobs for the two of them.  I figured that I'd have my real people work on their tree's and my pets would "sustain" the family by working.  Really, in a lambs life they would have created lots of babies and those would have been slaughtered so since I can't really have the number on my lot then the jobs would even it out.  For the record they have enough money to survive, but they're still definately on the peasant level.

Anyway, each of them needed to learn something for their promotion, so I worked with both lambs at the same time.  This is John working with Joseph.

 

And this is Maria working with Mary.  Up until this very moment I didn't realize that I had named the boys with J names and the girls with M names.  How fascinating.  Anyway, since Mary is a genius, she learned her trick sooner than Joseph, which was funny to watch because there was only a wall between the two.

 

No, Stay... stay... stay...  *laugh*




And off to the first day of work.  Go, make money.

 

As soon as Joseph comes home, he's got a promotion.  Now he's a guard dog!  Good boy!

 

Since Joseph has a promotion, that means he has to learn a new skill.  Go Joseph!

They're getting along, which is good because I'm keeping Mary and Joseph until the little tykes die.  So if I have to have a different cemetary for each of my sim groups... do I have to have a different cemetary for each of my animal sim groups?  Or do I even get a tombstone or urn for them?

 

Wednesday was the first day of work for Mary, she's in the service career.

 

And Wednesday is also the day that Maria shows.  It took a while to get her pregnant, a couple of days.  *gasp*

And I have tried several times to finish this post, but Blogger doesn't seem to like it and can't post it or save it.  Therefore I'm going to post what I've managed to get up and then see about posting the rest afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment