Saturday, October 22, 2011

RKC: Nobility: Luminate

Two updates both of the Sims?  Well, yes.  This is because I can't think of anything else to talk about right now as I'm trying desperately to get a job and my brain feels rather fried.  Also because I'm ahead of my blog by a whole family right now and I feel like at the very least I need to catch up.  So, we get to the last noble family in my RKC, the Luminate's.  I wanted a last name that sounded pompous, and this is what I came up with.  I probably should have gone ahead and looked up a real name online, but that would have taken too long.  I'm definitely a "Need to PLAY NOW," type of person.

So, for the family:

 

Welcome William and Sarah Lumiate to our Kingdom.  They are my third and last noble family.  By the time I reached them I wanted to do something different, something to distinguish them from other families.  Therefore I decided that William would get a "normal" sim job.  I also made this decision because I bought a premade/downloaded house and they had very little money left over.

I had to gut the house and replace things with "medieval" objects to make it fit the general theme of the town.  This made me partly sad because I didn't really have much that fit the theme so a lot of there things looked like the other houses.


On Monday I got the shock of my life.  Sarah got pregnant right away.  This was fascinating to me.  Also on Monday the neighbor that dropped by to visit was Ginny.

Tuesday Sarah showed off her baby bump.  By the time I reached this house I was so fed up with pregnant sims that I was pretty much ready to toss them all out the window and have a baby-less household, but I knew, for the purpose of the Challenge, that they had to at least have an heir.  So I decided I had to cope.  Will had the desire to get into Military, but Monday didn't give that job and on Tuesday I allowed him to take an appropriate job as a Test Subject (Science).  They needed the money.  Also on Tuesday I got a taste of what I would later dub "Stupid Pregnant Sim Syndrome" where said pregnant sim would get ready for bed and then would walk around it several times before passing out in front of it.  It's too bad I didn't get a pic of Sarah, because she did that.



It's funny how things can be right in front of you and somehow you miss them.  I didn't really realize I had a swimming pool in the house until I had to get some fun for Sarah.  Then I searched all over the house until I found it.  Then I had to debate if they would be able to have said object in those times.  I figured it was a "pond" and she was swimming away from fish.  Then I had a hard time getting her into the pool.  She wouldn't jump, she wouldn't walk in.  I had to install a second ladder and click on that in order to get her in.  Are pools really worth all that work?  (Quick note.  When next I came to this house, I did some serious renovating because of stupid errors like that.  Turns out the whole pool was surrounded by a "fence" and said fence was preventing them from jumping in.)


This was also Will's first day of work.  He also got his first promotion into Lab Assistant.  When he checked the paper, his preferred job of military was there, so he switched jobs and now was a Recruit!  A fantastic Wednesday over all.


On Thursday it was Will's first day at his new job.  When he came back, he had his first promotion at his new job and was now in Elite Forces.  Go Will!


We have our first child.  Please welcome baby girl Ellen to the family.  Such a cute little tyke.  Look at her nursery, isn't it cute?


On Friday I worked Will hard to get his skills up so he could get a promotion on Saturday.  As you can see, he got that!  Way to go Will!

Also on Saturday Sarah got 4 body skill points for swimming.  She loved it so much that she didn't really want to leave the pool.  Will likes it almost as much, I think he gained 2 or 3 points?  Sarah also wanted to learn parenting, so I sat her down with a good book and what do you know, she learned it.  It's a fantastic skill, for the first time you can have a sim go over to the baby and check on it, which will then pop up bubbles above their heads so you can see what it is they need.  Such a useful thing.  The more I play with Sims 2, the more I'm liking it.


On Saturday Ellen became a toddler!  Look at that adorable little girl.  And the hair they picked was definitely a good choice.


First thing Ellen wants to do?  Play on the xylophone.  Good girl.  I see charisma in your future as well.  Or just a musical genius?  We'll see.

On Sunday Ellen learned to walk and to talk.  Sarah and William decided to try for another child, and they had their first snow.  Eventful days for a sim.


There, look at that white fluffy stuff!  It's funny, but I never get tired of looking at Sim snow.  Perhaps because I don't have to shovel it.


I know it wasn't much, but I actually enjoyed playing with them a ton more the second week.  I think that's a common feeling for me.  It's like the first week is explore a sim week, and the second one is, so what can I do with you week.  I only have two more families to go before I cycle around to the beginning again!  Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment