Monday, October 24, 2011

Random Product Endorsement

It's been a while since I've done one of these so I think it's past time.  Today's Random Product Endorsement is ChapStick's 100% Naturals Botanical Medley chap stick.

I wear chapstick all the time, lip gloss or some variety of such because my lips get dry no matter if it's winter or summer.  I don't wear lipstick so I wear something else.  It used to be you wouldn't find me without some form of Lip Smackers, but as I've gotten older I've found those to be too waxy and they go bad more quickly than I remember.  Then one winter in FL I was having a weird thing going on around the edges of my lips, it was like they were super chapped so I went and got Carmex.

For the record, I now hate Carmex.  I used it all the time, every time my lips went chappy, in between and sometimes put it on in the middle of the night.  Only my lips didn't get better, and the edges broke out in little bumps that were painful and like blisters.  Then I tried something else (can't remember what) and the wife felt horrible because Carmex works on her and she'd suggested it to me.  (I quite happily gave her the stick of Carmex and told her she could make up for it by using the stuff.)  Then she made it her goal to bring home every kind of chapstick she could find, one container at a time.

I don't know how many discarded things I have at this point, but the first time I put the naturals on my lips they practically sighed.  It felt fantastic!  The naturals aren't heavy and sticky, it's a smooth glide and they don't melt really badly in the pocket.  (Not that they don't melt, all chapstick melts, but it's not like you get a drippy mess on accident if you dared to have it in your pocket while you were exercising.)  Besides all of that though, after having it for about a half a week the bumps started going away and at the end of the week my lips looked fantastic.

Also amazing and wonderful is the fact that since I've been using them, I don't put on chapstick as much as I used to and I still have great feeling, unchapped lips.  It used to be I couldn't go more than an hour or so without putting more on, but these days I only really use it a few times a day.  I don't feel like I'm getting it all over everything, even when it marks the edges of cups, because it wipes right off without leaving a huge slime mark behind.  (Anyone who's used lip smackers know's what I'm talking about.)

So, for the last couple of years, ChapStick's 100% Naturals Botanical Medley has been my chapstick of choice.  Mostly I find it at Walgreen's. 


Label:

Chapstick® Naturals Botanical Medley

This is the most current labeling information, and may differ from labels on product packaging. If there are any differences between this website labeling and product package labeling, this website labeling should be regarded as the most current.
Ingredients
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Jojoba Esters, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Beeswax, Natural Flavors, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Tocopherol
Other information
store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Questions or comments call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-877-227-3421


As found on their website: ChapStick Naturals

Last note, I tried their medicated stuff.  Made the bumps worse, naturals fixed the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment