Wednesday, October 5, 2011

RKC: Royalty

So, I've officially gotten through a full week on all 9 families.  Starting week two so I'll post week one of my Royalty.

My Royal family is Nik and Nicole Kershaw.  To those who know me, you may laugh.  To those who don't: http://www.nikkershaw.net/  No, my royal family man does *NOT* look like the real deal.  :P




Nik and Nicole Kershaw moving into their new life in their kingdom.  Proud elven rulers.

First thing any royal family must do is christen the bed, right?  Lucky for me they managed to get Nicole pregnant on their first try.

Merchants want to meet their new rulers.  Harry and Ginny Potter arrived with Smith.


 Nik doesn't think Smith is all that interesting.  He's probably talking about the forge he wants that he can't have in the Sims 2.


 
 Finally though they manage to strike up some kind of conversation, while a random Townie passes by and thinks, "What on earth is the King doing out here in his undies?"





It's unbelievable the things Sims will do.  First time it rains, and look, the Queen is out and splashing in a puddle.


And again...


...even though there was quite the lightning storm involved.  What was she thinking?  Maybe that it was cool outside in the rain...

Apparently Nik was jealous, because then he went out into the garden and started jumping there.

Hop King!  Hop!

Yes, good idea, kick the water onto the stone wall...

She's pregnant.  This is Tuesday.  Bills were 1236 today and the King got a job in the political path.  It only seemed to make sense.  Not that they needed the money, they are allowed to use any money cheats at any time so they've got over 300,000.  That was so i could move them into this really neat looking castle that turned out to be fantastically crappy.  There were nearly no space to the rooms.  All that money must have been tossed into decorations.  I mean come on, isn't a castle supposed to have huge, lofty rooms?  Echoing halls?  Anyway, I ended up downloading this house, which I liked more, and using it.


Nik randomly decided to pick up the violin in the dining room.  *clap, clap* to the designer, that violin was the smartest move she made.  Nicole liked to read the newspaper and listen to Nik play.  Like any Sim with an obsession, Nik would return again and again to this violin.

Great decorating.  Tell me though, why put the serving bowl on the dining room table in the first place?  Way to go Sims 2 developers, you've made a fantastic joke here.

Oh, and the empty bowls are all from my pregnant Queen.  She made cereal and ate all three bowls that morning.  Why is it it takes three bowls of cereal to fill up a sim?  This was Wednesday.

Nik needs friends, or he just wanted to meet someone new perhaps.  Since she's got black hair she would be a Noble Townie.  I'm not sure I'm going to allow my sims to marry townies though.  This is Le Shawn.

Hair color goes as follows:  Brown = Royalty, Black = Nobles, Red = Merchants and Blonde = Peasants.  Because I said so, that's why.


Yeah guys, that's your king, in that beat up car, walking to the bridge over his moat.  *laughs*

So, this is a Medieval challenge, and I just love watching my sim return in his jalopy.  I mean, come on.  *snicker*  I'm pretty sure he got a promotion to Intern too.  This would be Thursday and their bills were 948.

My Queen didn't want to stay happy no matter what I did.  It was my first time in years playing Sims 2 and I remembered quickly why I loved the way they changed pregnacy in the Sims 3.  For one, you don't have to obsessively watch your sims.  I know other people don't have the same problems I do keeping their pregnant sims happy (looks at wife) but I do.  So she kept getting further and further in the red.  So then she would start to worry, like here.  Worry, and worry, and worry.

 I missed getting pictures of Nicole with the newborn baby, but I got some later on that day, when Nik decided (on his own) to try baby care.  He's not even a Family sim this time around!  But there he was, in undies, to take care of their first born girl, Nieve!

I guess that means they have to try again for a child, since I'm passing things down a male heir, not female.

OMG, are you going to change the child's diaper?  No way!

...Way!  And then you're going to play with the thing because you're just super sweet and nice like that.  Amazing parenting skills Magesty.

The Queen finally steps up to deal with another dirty diaper.  What I didn't manage to get in this picture was the -500 to her mood... since she didn't want to have to deal with a dirty diaper.  Suck it up Queen, I don't have a maid servant for you right now, but I do have a Wet Nurse cheat I can put into the game.  Oh, and if you'll notice, she's pregnant again.  ;)

On this day Nik goes to his second day of work and gets a second promotion to Lobbyist.  It's Saturday, and the next day was the first frost, and the end to my week.

Child, grow up.  The King demands it.

 Good job little girl.  Wait... is that a BEAR outfit?  Oh ye gods save me.  What do you mean I don't have any other clothes to put the tyke into?  ARG!  At least she got amazing curly hair out of the deal.

Play the violin Nik, I know how musical you are!  (who's listened to the real Nik's music?  There's always some of it in my Sims games.)

 So that's it!  The first week in my Royal family.  *wipes sweat from brow*  That was tough.  Wading through so many pictures.  I'll see if there's an easier way next time.  Hope it was entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment