Monday, September 26, 2011

Dreams

Dreams are strange things.  A person has them once a night, once a week, once a month, but each person has them.  And they're always either bizarre or terrible or funny.  Very few dreams don't pull any emotion from us at all.  Which is interesting.  Most people speculate that dreams are our subconscious trying to figure things out, or trying to work through things that have happened to us.  If that were true, then what the hell is my mind trying to work out when I have dreams where I'm playing a game?

I think there's such a thing as a "junk dream".  That's a dream that is just nonsense, something that we look at and say, "Huh?" and walk away.  However I also think there are dreams that are very important to us, dreams that are so real, so valid to our lives that we go over them at length and remember them again and again, trying to pick out each detail so we don't forget them.

I haven't had any dreams like this lately, but I've been thinking all day about them.  Maybe I'll have some good dreams tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment