I think we forget, when we're really stressed and doing a lot of things at once and so busy we can hardly see straight, to take breaks and relax a bit. I also think that we forget when we're taking a lot of breaks and relaxing a lot to get off our asses and start doing the work we need to do. The only thing good about a standard job is that when you have to get to work, you have to go. There are set times and set schedules and all of that. When you're working alone, or doing a project when you don't have a "normal" job, you have to be the voice in your head that makes you move.
This is a hard thing to do. Self motivation is one of the most difficult things to find, and if you're tired, or upset, or just in general not feeling the working vibe, a person has a tendency to simply stop, veg out and chill. This is not good, but neither is working so hard and so long that you don't get enough sleep or are completely stressed out.
So how do we strike the right balance between work and play? Well, I'm still working on that, but I think that we forget, as people, as workers, that we need dedicated time to relax. Certainly there are some people who have three jobs and only get four hours of sleep each night, and my hat is off to them because I don't think I could do it. Not every person is built the same way though, and in order to have a successful day where you don't want to kill yourself, you have to build in breaks.
These last few days I've been taking too much time off to do fun things. Getting enough sleep for basically a full week now has got my creative juices going and I want to write, I want to play Minecraft (world's biggest sandbox ever), I want to do just about anything that will keep me from doing the stuff I have to do. Which means for two days I've done the basic cleaning and mostly spent the days vegging. Which is great, I love a good veg.
It's not going to pay bills though, and it's not going to clean the house. Lucky for me I can get my last three missions from Flylady done in one day, it's a good thing because I've got to in order to keep my perfect record of 1 month and 1 week of doing each mission. I have pictures to take and items to list and the Fun Room to clean out. I have been cooking food, and each time I do that I clean up the kitchen and do the dishes, which is great, but it doesn't move me forward.
I suppose I should be grateful that I'm not heading backwards as far as the work around the house goes, I'm maintaining the level we've reached. And maybe it isn't overindulgence if you actually manage that, but I still feel pretty badly for not doing much. I am glad that I'm not losing ground, but in order to move forward, I have to keep putting on foot in front of the other. Right now, I can't even claim sleep deprivation as an excuse. "I'm too tired..." Nope! I'm so rested I don't want to do that shit.
On a good note, I did manage to take my pictures, and I am going to do my three Fly Missions, and I'll feel so much better because one of the missions is to vacuum, and boy does the fun room need that! I'm also pretty glad that I emptied two plastic tubs of the video's when the Internet Fix It guy was here, because now we can see the whole couch folks! Yes'siree, you can get to each and every cushion... if you kick off the animals and blankets. And the frightening thing is I'm staring at each cushion and they're all taken up. One by me, one by the dog, each of the two cat's has one, and the large black stuffed cat that Sakura (the dog) loves to bits is on the other couch cushion.... 5 cushions, each one filled with something. However, it's not filled with Boxed stuff to be Unpacked!!
So this has been a pretty random ramble and I'm not sure there's a point besides, I've been slacking and it felt sooooo good but now I have to do shit again. It might be that I needed to write it all out in order to get myself back into the swing of things. I have a long list of stuff to do, and one day at a time is the only way it will ever get done. All I really want to do is go back into my Minecraft game and continue broadening my lake. Once that's done I get to have the dubious honor of making my island larger and building my house. I've spent a great deal of time on this island widening project (and I think I should have done it in paces... I always forget how odd the water system is in this game) and I'd like to see it finished. However, nothing that makes you feel accomplished is ever done in one day, right? So it'll have to wait until later.
No comments:
Post a Comment