I'm back!
Just thought I'd mention. I know NaNo pretty much ate up November, but it's December and if I procrastinate and say the holidays are here, then I'm likely to keep doing it and so I won't. So here I am, mid-month and returning to my blog. Did you miss me?
I spent half of November writing on my original story with the Wife. We whipped out almost our whole NaNo word count on one book. Which is amazing because we really hadn't planned for that. However once it's edited and worked on it's bound to be over 100k words. Then we started a second novel but only got partway through it before we were sick (and I wanted soup to eat) and we ended up going to a restaurant where we sat down with a notebook. She couldn't think of anything to write, so I stole it and started a Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Harry Potter crossover that we continued to write on through the end of November. She didn't know I was making the story a crossover until I used the name Spike, and then she was irritated with me because she hadn't planned for a crossover, only then she was too interested in what was going on for her to stop.
For the record, the Wife has never seen the BtVS show, except she is officially watching it now. However she hadn't when we began writing, which was kind of actually good since she was writing Harry. So he gets to ask all those questions people who have seen BtVS don't ask because they already know. It was kind of neat to realize how twisted and soap opera like the show is, as I tried to explain things to Harry. It's very true that things are crazy and twisted as the story continues.
Anyway, that was the end of the month. Oh, and between all of this there was Skyrim, my dad sawed his fingers, and he went on a three week cruise with my grandmother. I missed Thanksgiving with my family because I was sick and the Wife was working very early. However I got foods so it's all good. I called and wished happy Thanksgiving the night before. <3
Now we are in December and I'm thinking of all the things I want/need to do before I make the long trip back up North at the beginning of next year. Oh, yes, the Wife and I made the decision to move back up to Ohio. Which sucks because they have snow. But is okay, because they have family. Well, actually, the main reason is because of money and Grandpa. Her grandfather, who has been a grandfather to me as well, has been getting sick, and has Alzheimer's I believe, and really needs a caregiver. I will be doing that for him, and getting out to work for her mother at least once a week.
I do miss the family though. Ohio doesn't just have the close nit family of blood but it also has the family of friends and past roommates that I miss so much as I struggle to come to terms with the family I have down here in FL. I love all of my family, but this side is so different from how I was raised, and it makes communication and understanding hard. I miss the ease at which I used to have with my people. Honestly if it wasn't for Rachel and her family, I might have lost my mind a long time ago.
That's assuming I still have a mind to lose, I suppose.
*waves at Ra and her family* Thank you for the sanity and support, I don't know that I could have lived here without you. I don't want to leave, and I'll come back. We'll have Chestnut Stuffing again, promise!
I suspect the novelty of being around my people will wear as the snow settles in and I get stuck driving in sludge and I hate the way my car looks because of the salt and I have to snow blow the huge driveway, and maybe have to mow the lawn in the spring and summer. Of course, if I say we need to get together to rake leaves or clean out the garage or something that is really too big of a deal for one person, then I know that Carol and Karl will help us with that. It's one of those things where there's so many good points, and so many bad ones and it's a toss up how I'll feel after a few years (or months!).
Anyhow, so I'm back, and I'll be trying to update regularly again, and maybe will return to my Sims even! *gasp* We'll see, since I have to pack, organize, clean and label like crazy. We have to go through not only our stuff, but our big furniture and decide what we're keeping and what we're not because there is limited space to get our things up north. I suspect there will be sadness, and things won't fit when I feel they ought to, but what can I do? Just keep looking forward, just keep moving, just keep doing the best I can.
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
No comments:
Post a Comment